Hedges, shrubs, and topiary require routine maintenance during the growing months to maintain their desired shape, fullness and bloom. Proper shrub and hedge trimming or pruning involves paying meticulous attention to symmetry and balance, while taking great care not to injure the plant. Taking too much off an area can create an unsightly barren spot, at best. Generally speaking, Spring and Fall are the best times to make any significant changes to a plant's shape and size, as the summer months on Long Island tend to be hot a dry, possibly causing peripheral damage at and around the cutting sites on your plants.
Whether you have a privacy hedgerow or privet, several shrubs and bushes on your property, or intricate ornamental topiary, we have the tools and skills you need to maintain a dramatic and enchanting look for your landscape setting all season long.
What are the key benefits of hedge and shrub trimming?
- Compliments the natural and structural highlights of your home.
- Adds value to your property through increased curb appeal.
- Stimulates new growth.
- Removes unsightly dead flora and clears the way for healthy, new vegetative growth.
- Minimizes winter damage due to excessive snow loading.
How can healthy hedges and shrubs help my garden?
- Contributes to privacy and can serve as an alternative for fencing.
- Acts as a wind or sound barrier.
- Protects younger, delicate shrubs from dehydration windburn throughout the winter.
- Helps to create a favorable micro-climate, thus allowing you to plant other shrubs and flowers that otherwise would not survive.
- Provides a natural environment for birds and other animals.
Call Today for a Free Estimate: (516) 220-5780